web space | website hosting | Web Hosting | Free Website Submission | shopping cart | php hosting
BuiltWithNOF
Wilga Battery
[Batteries] [St. Mary's Battery] [Il-Qolla Bajda Battery] [Pinto Battery] [Wilga Battery] [Westreme Battery] [Wied Mousa Battery] [St. Anthony's Battery] [Ferretti Battery]

Wilga Battery



This battery is also known as St. Jamesí Battery and it is found in Marsaxlokk Bay on the road leading to the Delimara Power Station. This battery was built between 1714-1716. It had a pentagonal firing platform with no embrasures with an L-shaped Blockhouse. It was partially demolished just to construct the road leading to the Delimara Power Station.

[Home] [News] [Pre-1530] [Knights] [Introduction] [Walled Cities] [Fortified Lines] [Harbour] [Coastal] [Private Towers] [British] [Maps] [Glossary] [Guns] [Graffiti] [Medals] [Bibliography] [Forum] [Guestbook] [Links]